Saturn-Tantalus: Tue, 20 Jul 1999
Have completed TOOT (mostly on the JFK charts) and, as discussed there, there is a line up that moves from Persephone to Juno to Hekate to Venus to Tantalus to Saturn\Mars, Rx. If we, for the moment, focus just on the Hekate-Venus-Tantalus-Saturn, you sorta' get the idea of whether you can go with your feeling that all is lovely when "just when you're almost there, or almost "have it," the inhibitions, separation, or hardship of Saturn arrives (to yank it away from you.) By extension, this means a gazillion other things but the "almost there when the Saturn manifests" is eerie.
You might see the Hekate-Venus as "the guardian is money, charm, etc;" and the Tantalus-Saturn, as "how much does he know about his father, a testing of maturity and capability, etc."
Of course, Hekate also refers to "the dark"-- Venus-Hekate = a beautiful night... (but I don't want to ruin the August issue for you!!!)
Kennedy Family Data: Sun, 18 Jul 1999
These were sent to me by Chiron107--- thanx!
DATA FOR KENNEDY FAMILY
JOHN KENNEDY, SR
MAY 29, 1917 NOVEMBER 22, 1963
3:00 PM EST 1:00 PM CST
BROOKLINE, MA DALLAS, TX
71 W 07 96 W 48, 42 N 20
32 N 47
JULY 28, 1929 MAY 19, 1994
2:30 PM EDT 10:15 PM EDT
SOUTH HAMPTON, NY NEW YORK CITY, NY
72 W 23 74 W 00, 40 N 43
40 N 53
JOHN KENNEDY, JR
NOVEMBER 25, 1960
00:22 AM EST
77 W 02
38 N 54
CAROLYN BESSET KENNEDY
JANUARY 7, 1966
WHITE PLAINES, NY
73 W 46
41 N 02
JOHN & CAROLYN KENNEDY MARRIAGE
SEPTEMBER 21, 1996
CUMBERLAND ISLAND, GA
81 W 49
30 N 27
8:45 PM EDT
74 W 71
40 N 50
SCHEDULED ARRIVAL: 10 PM EDT
LAST REPORTED CONTACT: 9:38 PM EDT
REPORTED MISSING: 7:55 AM EDT
CAROLINE KENNEDY (Sister)
NOVEMBER 27, 1957
8:15 AM EST
NEW YORK CITY, NY
74 W 00
40 N 43
FEBRUARY 22, 1932
3:58 AM EST
71 W 04
42 N 18
Progressing the S/R Moon : Tue, 13 Jul 1999
There are any number of methods to progress a solar return Moon (beyond the advance of a degree per day, which I don't think is particularly effective:)
1. Advance it the standard 1.25 per day to match the rate of the angles (about 6 hours of sidereal time marks the advance of one year's solar return to the next-- ie., the angles go completely around the zodiac and then about a quarter turn further.)
2. Calculate "true" advance. Subtract the current year's Moon from the following year's position; divide by 365 days for a DPR (Daily Rate of Progression.)
3. For some reason, a DPR of 1.12 also seems to act as an effective highlight.
Of course, conversion to zodiacal degree with decimal is the easiest--and least error prone--way to do these calculations. Thus, 08 Sag 43 becomes 248.7166. ----- Several of my books ( Orders of Light <Page_16_.htm> and Architects of Time <Page_17_.htm> ) have Day Number Charts in them-- so you can easily determine how many days have elapsed since your last S/R. Once the interval of days is determined, you then multiply that by the DPR. Note that some folks use converse progressions. Although I have experimented with converse for the angles (see examples of all sorts of S/R angle progressions in Architects of Time,) I haven't watched converse progressions of the S/R Moons. For those of you with The MitreBox, there are several options that show the effect of various angle and moon progression rates.
Mnemosyne...a riot! : Mon, 12 Jul 1999
Your Mnemosyne-Urania is a riot-- esp. in view of you not remembering "people" but remembering their charts!!!
But interesting too to consider... some people "remember" by associated smells, some by "how they FELT," other by auditory or visual cues... but yours seems to be less kinesthetic, more abstract, more intellectual, more "left hemisphere."
Because Urania is also "defenses generated by the intellect," I suppose we might also imagine that the recall, processing and characterization of "memory" is handled by the intellect, perhaps to rationalize or put a head-spin on what was actually FELT. And, because Urania can carry a certain bias, we might think that there could be some of that "distortion" to make memories more palatable.
When you try to recall the exact color of your father's eyes, do you find that your eyes tend to look: up, down, to the right or to the left? Where (in your brain) are they "checking to locate that information"? When you think of him, do you get "a sensation," an image, a sound, a feeling, a scene?
Such exercises can give a person a sense of how their memory cues operate (including the hierarchy of "memories.") When people "look down" for information, they are more apt to be accessing and linking via feelings.... --------- (For "more like this," see the Bandler and Grinder NLP work and series of books, including, "Tranceformations," "Frogs into Princes" and others.)
Current (Angular) Possibilities: Thu, 8 Jul 1999
Among the current angular potentials:
1. Pallas x Atlantis: This pair is gonna' be with us a while, so when it shows angular, watch things like: strategies to get inside information, perceptions that accent the negative, and instances where approval needs prod betrayal. It's an excellent conjunction under which to reaffirm the importance of ethics and confidentiality (especially as the conjunction can show in parans opposition to Pluto! So-- observe "motives" and "gamesmanship" related to "diplomacy" and the gaining of private, personal or not-for-everybody kinds of information.)
2. Pallas-Atlantis can show up with points like Odysseus where estrangement, travel and feeling like "an outsider" can fuel Pallas-Atlantis behaviors and reactions.
3. Hades can be included in the line-up (depending on the angle.) Thus: some strategies to get information can mean that one is dealing with secrecy or digging into someone's past; there can be strategies to punish by working the shame angle; there can be behaviors designed to retain someone's approval by goiing behind another's back and denigrating them... and with Odysseus in there, some travel, absence or separation figures into the scenario.
4. Of course a Hades-Odysseus can mean problems with travel--even a trip to an ancient site or travel that involves some rather primitive conditions, but it is excellent for "the adventure of the voyage (Atlantis) into the past"!
5. Note that because one is (Odysseus) far away, feels estranged, or is too keenly aware of feeling "like a stranger," they can: (Pallas:) expect others to leap hoops to please them, can (Atlantis:) think they "know" things that others don't, or (Hades:) put others down. See too that (Atlantis/Hades = Odysseus:) there may be inundations of water-storms that create displacement-- and there is the chance of an Atlantis-Hades to mean "foul water" or drought conditions. I like this grouping for travel to a deserted island! But think of Odysseus as "exile" (= Atlantis: as punishment!) And make adjustments to modern situations.
6. All of that can occur \Pluto-Hidalgo, both Rx! Yikes! People AREN'T saying things and directly confronting people, issues and feelings that arise from all the Pallas-Atlantis-Odysseus-Hades stuff. They may (Hidalgo, Rx) say "some" stuff, but there are undercurrents, complex motives and old scars (compliments of Pluto) that aren't seeing fresh air. At some moments, the retrogrades indicate that such things weren't verbalized in the past (so now they have that added oomph of ancient history piggy-backed onto the drama of the present!) As we've discussed many times, when Hidalgo and Pluto get together, one of the reasons that a person can be circumspect is that if they SAID IT ALL, they think they'd be emotionally overwhelmed. So leaking only part of what's in them is a control guardian. Naturally, there can be other "control" reasons for not speaking all that's in one's heart.... (and how was that for a Pallas—a civility, a diplomacy????!)
7. Requiem can occur \ a grouping that includes points like: Toro, Juno, Chiron, Urania, Cupido and Pluto (and all of 'em retrograde!) So folks will be asking themselves why they were complacent in the past about things like: abusive treatment, their relationships, family situations and financial arrangements. They may see that they were "okay" with some things because they (Toro:) feared a scene or had to deal with someone whose anger was excessive... or because they (Chiron:) kept thinking that there was some exceptional reason for their situation... or because (Urania:) they didn't put their story together or in perspective—they can say, "What was I thinking? Where was my head?" Maybe there was the feeling (\Pluto, Rx) that there wasn't anything they could do about the situation; maybe they (Pluto, Rx) weren't honest with themselves or realize now how much of their integrity was lost along the way....
8.Urania x Cupido, both retrograde: It's a great time to realize that family and group ties can really interfere with a truly logical assessment. It IS hard to have a clear "take" on one's family history, on current familial dynamics and members-- and it can be all but impossible now with points like Toro and Pluto acting like bookends for the Urania-Cupido! Trying to discern instances of psychological abuse and "anger as a manipulative weapon" may be seen now as having roots in the past; the retrograde effect can make it easier to see in others than in one's own situation, and can add some "fog" so that memories or moments of clarity are fleeting. ------ These are just some thoughts; you'll need to add radix angulars and extend these suggestions. Use radix angular houses and return angles to gain a sense of how and through whom these transits are coming to you. And, uh, have a nice day! :) m
Heat Wave, Astrology of the Brain: Tue, 6 Jul 1999
Do NOT blame us for bringing the Phoenix weather back with us... or, if you must, give credit instead. After all, it was 115 degrees there (and don't let anyone tell you that it's so arid that you don't really feel the heat!)
I felt that the introductory Astrology of the Brain lecture went very well; I'm certainly jazzed about the findings. Others will have to speak to whether they were also astonished at how finely crafted charts are... right down to the microglia! There was much anatomy and neuroscience to cover, and everyone hung in there extremely well.
The presentation manual of the BT project (to date) is available (as announced in the last issue of TOOT.) It focusses on mapping both the brain and brain cells to identify structures and functions in the brain (in rather astounding detail.) It includes many anatomical diagrams because, without them, you don't realize what the chart is telling you. The "case studies" section features discussion of tumor type and location, with my notes and coverage of some formulas, solar arc, transits, eclipses relevant to diagnosis, treatment options, resections and outcomes. Not complete is the work of estimating who and when a BT diagnosis will occur. Toward that end, pages (and pages) of formulas for each chart are included--as is the chart (in 90-degree format) with an asteroid print-out. There are more than 35 chart examples in the book. I would not want to represent it as a finished effort, but I feel that the "mapping" makes a significant step forward in taking the chart to the next level (and that's something of an understatement.)
At more than 250 pages (8 x 11,) it's a true "workbook"! It's $29.95 + $4.00 S & H and it's titled, "Introductory Studies in The Astrology of the Brain." I am hoping that some others will be sufficiently interested to either apply the principles to other illnesses or work toward further understanding of how the chart outlines cancer as a disease process. I need a bit of a rest from the rigors of the work, and have not decided how I will proceed.
During the Monday advanced workshop, after going through some of the more complex diagnoses in the book, there was "a test." (Some of you know how often I begin a workshop with "Pay attention, there's going to be a test later." Well, I did and there was!) Participants--including our own DCService!--did a magnificent job applying what the BT work shows about the brain to the Psyche axis of an individual with schizophrenia.
I think we were all satisfied that the BT project has revealed important things about the brain's structure, function and cells--and this isn't limited to a BT dx. (And yes, you really can see much about the actual brain cells!!! To have an understanding of what that means: the chart will tell you about brain cells-- and a million of 'em would fit on the head of a pencil eraser! ....as I say, "the gods never sleep"!!!! Our charts are true--right down to the neurons.... and probably down to the teleomeres (the rings on the tail of a DNA strand.) Don't be surprised if you hear those who attended the workshops beginning to refer to their parietal lobes (or to whatever the Psyche axis in their chart highlights!)
It should be noted that neuroscientists are still "mapping the brain" so we aren't far behind, but will need to stay current with their findings. I have been able to identify where a tumor will spread to, and.. well, don't get me started... but I do want to reiterate this: what is true for you emotionally and psychologically is true for the STRUCTURE of your brain and cells. The chart has utter integrity. Utter.
It's something to ponder. with awe and reverence.