For information or quarterly newletter subscription to the Declination S-pecial I-nterest G-roup, contact:
P. O. Box 3095
Brooklyn Heights, New York 11202
(718) 858 - 2556
Annual dues (inc. newsletter) are $15./US, 18/Canada, and 20/overseas.
Brains or Brawn: Urania-Toro: 21 Jun 1999
<< I've just received your July Toots on midpoints and regarding the Kronos Pluto/Vulcanus, this must be the unsavory secrets of government and governmental officials coming explosively to light, and with the Neptune/Admetos with Kronos, the dragging out of legal proceedings due to machinations which fog the issues. >>
Urania-Toro--- yeah, it's ideas "pushed" (and I hope it's not that folks don't want to work at astrology.) It is something to contemplate-- all the midpoint interaction with Kronos, huh? Your "takes" are great!
Brains or Brawn: Urania-Toro: 20 Jun 1999
Under the current Urania conjunct Toro (both retrograde,) a couple of things can be happening:
1. The retrograde quality has people "looking back" and putting things together--or attempting to--and seeing what was abusive, intimidating and/or passive aggressive.
2. As folks "think that they're thinking," they may not be aware of the extent to which anger is coloring their outlook.
3. Since Urania is also "astrology," the presence of Toro can bring some "muscle-flexing" but allows room for people to feel intimidated. I think we have to see the retrograde as "something not quite right or something that won't be clear for a while," so there may be aggressive agendas riding the tail of what is offered as intellectual, astrological or hypothetical.
4. And since that word--hypothetical--came up, remember that Urania can manifest as "theory" or abstraction-- forms of "what if"... and that too is answered or defined by the "bull" of Toro.
5. In the best of all possible worlds, (and things DO show up that way now and then!) the Urania-Toro is a kind of integration between thought and action; with the pair retrograde, it might be a great time to review how well your "thinking" matches your ability to put it in action.
6. When Urania is retrograde, we also look for instances when people aren't as "rational" as they may think they are-- and for times when intellectual defenses fail, and for moments when one tries to "use their head"
7. Then ya' add the retrograde Toro who is: seeing red, inappropriately angry-- or angry 'way out of proportion to the stimulus. Toro, Rx can be on a rant over things that happened in the past, or "seething" and exuding his willingness to go ballistic.
8. I speak of Urania as "apperception," the ability to interpret and give meaning to ideas and events based on past experience. This combination shows that she can't really succeed, in part because of (Toro) incidents of excess anger, and/or because of an emphasis on physical strength. This is an interesting time to consider "testosteronic thinking" (if, indeed, one doesn't find that an oxymoron!)
9. There are elements of "non-physical abuse" recognition in all this...as though some people will be realizing that they felt intimidated or bullied in a kind of "head game." ------ I'll be on the road (w/o a computer, for a nice change--it was a choice between the computer and hiking boots... computer lost) from Wednesday until after the 4th of July as I head for the mountains after Phoenix. See you then!
Rats....to snakes: 14 Jun 1999
I have a daughter with a strong Aesculapia and, as a child, she found a nest of "abandoned" baby rats in a corn crib... and proceded to care for them by dipping a cloth in milk and drizzling it down their mouths!
<< (Is there an Asteroid for snakes?) >>
Among my thoughts: There are 3! Hopi, Siva and Siwa. And one looks to the other sides of their symbolism to understand what the "snakes" are doing in their life at the moment.
The Hopi would go up into the mountains in the Spring and capture large numbers of snakes and bring them down to the fields where they would grow the corn. With ritual and ceremony, all the snakes would be released-- the thought being that, as they crawled and slithered thru the fields and back to their mountain homes, they would awaken (the ertility) and renew the earth (so the corn--life!--would grow.) If Hopi is bringing the snakes to you at this time, (Hopi:) One defends their "territory" (however defined at the moment.) One responds to "attack" (be it emotional or physical.) One is aware of prejudice (be it racial or behavioral.) One knows again the connection to "the land."
With Siva and Siwa, the image is of "dancing on snakes"-- of integration and elevation of what was seen as the lower self. Snakes in that tradition are Spirituality and metamorphosis. (It's the "shedding of the skin," doncha know!) It is also the ability to "dance" where there has been fear. If either of these asteroids are up in your chart now, you will have contact with things or people from the Far East. You will be especially aware of seasons, and cycles, and rhytmicity. You will know again that sound is truth beyond words. You will have insights about the power and meaning of sexuality; the kundalini will be stirred; you will recognize a cycle of withdrawal followed by a surge of activity; you will ponder or experience "asceticism" and the "minimalist" ethos; you see learn something about a destruction that IS love, and about the process of breakdown that is a prelude to break-through and epiphany. You will have new thoughts about the work and role of rage...What gifts do the snakes signal for you now? The gods never sleep.
A few angular ideas: 10 Jun 1999
A person (such as the one whose chart I'm workin' on this evening) could have this angular grouping (all transits:) Sphinx - Askalaphus – Tisiphone - Tantatus - Bacchus And here are some thoughts on the possibilities: * Awareness of things like "clinical trials" (where Askalaphus-Bacchus) medications are (Tantalus:) tested; incidents re unknown or mysterious side effects; individuals uncertain of what they deserve; questions that are more of a test than a sincere question; great preoccupation with health; medicines that cause thirst or affect the appetite; recognizing the addictive power of intermittent reinforcement-- as though the "almost" of Tantalus truly feeds compulsion; moments of seeing people in denial about their health, a/w/a times when a person questions whether their health status is "what they deserve" (and whether ill people face retribution;) awareness of scenarios where people deal with the matter of "fairness" because of illness; medicines that "almost" do the job; awareness of the myriad ways that the "addictive syndrome" (immature self-preoccupation, denial of feelings, using substitutes for truth, etc.) wreak havoc in a family; and, as they say on the web, "more like this." Maybe these guys are angular on your return and these ideas can serve as a basis for interpretations as you add your own thoughts, transits at other angles (and the natal angulars!)
Winning: Jun 1999 12:54:00 EDT
<< From: TreehseMtn@aol.com <mailto:TreehseMtn@aol.com> > Ya'll had that thread going on "winning," so I thought I'd mention that the current newsletter from the declination SIG, "The Other Dimension," has two articles on that topic, and they extol the use of the Part of Fortune radix and transit.>
The Declination SIG contact:
Nelda Tanner: firstname.lastname@example.org
(and, yes, the very same lady who is a member of A-Urania!)
P. O. Box 3095
Brooklyn Heights, NY 11202
Karen is the editor of the newsletter. The articles I referred to were written by Bernard Boyd of England.
I haven't had a chance to see the book Mark Pottenger co-authored on "winning" so I don't know if that's a technique he has found effective.