Re: Making Predictions: 11 Jun 2000
(Check Q and A for a description of this event)
<< How does this work if we are trying to predict it? Would we see this coming? >>
Different astrologers would answer this in various ways; you have a lot of options.
1. The solar return(s)-- as we do them with the accent on the aspect patterns of the Moons, the angles and angulars-- or by laying the Moon and angles on the dial (and assessing those axes and pictures.)
2. During an annual evaluation of what the directions promise, troubling patterns would show in solar arc to radix and transit, and radix to solar arc and transit. In examining the chart in this way, emphasis is given to many things... including what directed points have clicked into the Aries axis, and what the directed Aries axis is highlighting (among radix and transit factors.) Examine personal point pictures carefully. (Ie., Transit Pluto coming to the directed Aries axis; the axis containing Vulcanus and Zeus has directed to radix sun-- and Atropos and Mars are in the sun axis, etc.)
3. You can also use personal point midpoints in this way: What is shown by taking the midpoint of the radix and directed angles (and Moon and sun)? What is shown by mixing the factors; perhaps you would query the chart for more information on where the current year would lead her life direction-- and thus take the midpoint from the radix sun and directed MC (= radix Mercury-Dionysius = Pandora = Lachesis...and transit Phaethon is at this axis at her death.) And, as they say on search engines, "more like that."
4. Some astrologers would use the solstice chart or "annual diagram." Others would work from the importance of eclipses-- ie., the coming solar in 10 Cancer = her Sun. Some would have checked out her Progressed chart. Still others may have started with seeing what the outer transits for the year promised (and they'd have seen the way transiting Pluto was gonna' subject the chart to huge stress...
5. Once you had ascertained the timbre of events, you'd then use things like Lunar Returns to pick troubling lunar cycles... and then move closer with progressed solar return angles, diurnals or Daily Angles.
-- no doubt there are more methods I should have mentioned; trying to get a consensus among astrologers is like herding cats, but many methods will produce excellent results-- even without the benefit of hindsight. m
Transiting Klotho opposing Hades
As part of the discussion of Atropos, someone writes: << I know what I want the beginnings to be… >>
...How 'bout looking at Klotho to get a sense of those beginnings (and what might be operative for them at the moment)? I don't know how your radical Klotho is configured, but transiting Klotho is retrograde and in opposition to Hades these days. That doesn't augur well for easy starts--or for those undertaken without duress. For some, this will equate to "being shamed into new undertakings." While Klotho is retrograde, there'll be a number of "false starts" and some other things will "begin" unrecognized as such. It's a great energy under which to review past starts (and how one initiated or begun things historically.) The Hades may be able to point out the error of those ways, or remind one that sequence is important, details have to be considered, and having to do "the dirty work" assumed! The opposition is also a useful reminder that "when you're new to things, you do make mistakes"-- don't allow yourself to feel stupid or inferior because of it.
Neptune-Atropos: Thu, 1 Jun 2000
As this conjunction occurs, endings are shrouded in Neptune. Ie., * Completion or resolution can be uncertain; it is, as so to speak, "a sea"! * Confusion surrounds the idea of being finished * Endings are attributed to weakness or deception * Situations end with disappointment at results * Endings come as a result of fragility ("I just can't keep doing this" type statements) * Things don't end with a bang or real sense of finality, they just sorta' erode, fade or dissolve. * A person reaches to *be finished* with being exploited, wallowing in self-pity, feeling victimized, or some other manifestation of Neptune.
n as you can hear, if this is up now in your chart, you will be looking for the ways that Neptune can affect or effect "endings"....