Recap: Bacchus - Amor - Hidalgo - Hebe - Pandora
Since repetition is one of the keys to learning, let's go over what we've covered so far. If you're new to all this, it's a good idea to put a key word or phrase for each of the asteroids (as we cover them) beside it on your chart. It'll get messy... like life (sorry, Virgos.) And we've talked about looking to the sign, house (and whatever inherent conflict exists there) and the aspects of each to tell us more about:
1. Amor: Our search for "unconditional love" on a planet where BOUNDARIES are necessary; how we understand what is acceptable (and how we're tested on that;) amd how we set limits and conditions. Classic example: Nicole Brown Simpson had Amor in Pisces. (And what does Pisces know about boundaries???!)
2. Bacchus: How we deny, distract ourselves, make excuses or find substitutes for unruly feelings; what we go to or do when emotions make us uncomfortable. How and where we find our "high." (Bacchus is also: pine trees, grape vines, regimented plantings.and goats. I know some of you have heard my story of telling a client, based on a Bacchus-Ceres, that she'd be aware of a drink with meals or goat cheese.... it turned out to be both-- and she was astonished.)
3. Hebe: Where the glyph for Bacchus looks like a capital Y, Hebe's has a line across the top connecting the 2 arms so that it looks like a martini glass... and Hebe is the third party in the addiction cycle, the codependent. It is also where we can expect "untoward and unquestioned acceptance of what we're doing" (even if it's "one toke over the line.") Hebe is "service attitudes & occupations." A Hebe-Neptune can be a nurse; a Ceres-Hebe can be a baby-sitter... (but there's more to the delineations than that.)
4. Hera: With Hera and Juno, we're examining relationship m.o.'s,score-keeping, finances, "rights" and interaction with "others."
5. Hidalgo: While wanting to have the courage of its convictions, Hidalgo can become circumspect or expedient (in re the manner of sign-house, for those reasons and as per aspects.) For instance, with Pluto, Hidalgo may not say all that it's thinking because saying it aloud would bring up strong feelings & loss of control. Hidalgo is also: Mexico, Spain, the Southwest, Latino cultures, and can represent countries where there is a strong religious-political basis. The glyph for Hidalgo looks like a stylized, backwards 5.
6. Pandora: The element of surprise; the unexpected; getting more than you bargained for; crisis; unanticipated consequences; new doors open; how one handles being "caught unprepared" or caught off-guard (and whether the sign or aspects have one "in a perpetual state of preparedness"....) The glyph is a box with the top wider than the bottom (...the jack-in the box is only inferred.) ----- We talked about how all those basic things you use with traditional points-- such as interceptions, retrogrades, etc., still apply and "work" with asteroids. In fact, nothing really changes when you add them to your charts-- except that you get more information & insight & more accurate detail-- and begin to change your expectation of what you will see in a chart. ---- And we talked about how, as you start out (before we cover the whole group of points,) your delineations may feel stilted (because you're just getting familiar with these new terms) and more skeletal than they will be when we've covered more points. Still, you should be getting enough confirmations to keep you intrigued & rewarded. You do have to do the work (in this case, I guess it's both astrological and personal;) like the lottery, ya' gotta' play to win. ---- Some of the asteroids can feel invasive of your "soft parts;" they can cause painful memories to recur. While you probably don't want to race back into denial or unnecessary defenses, do be kind and gentle with yourself here, ok? It is important for you to see that asteroid use requires great sensitivity and respect for the struggle & life experience each person has had... and that goes for YOU too. As you're working with these ideas in your own chart, you're learning lots about how you might pursue these themes in someone else's chart. ---- We'll wait a couple of days before adding more points so those of you who are waiting for your charts can work with what we've done so far. ---- I know there's been a lot of mail with this; we're trying to create more of a "chat" atmosphere so everyone will feel free to chime in. (Which means that we're waiting to hear from YOU.)