Transit TNPs in Delineation : 29 Sep 1999
In my spare time <grin> I've begun the next phase with the BT project (where the Neptune/Psyche has been difficult for many,) and it's bringing up some reminders of messages in TNP-planet aspects and midpoints. So, some thoughts:
1. Zeus-Neptune: Organize and prioritize to honor & accommodate your sensitivities and dreams; watch that enthusiasms don't push you beyond the limits of your immune system; while literally this is "steam" (because the water of Neptune contacts the fire of Zeus,) let the interaction set your intuitive mind and imagination aglow! Always with Neptune, it's important to watch "fluid balances" in the body; the Zeus suggests that the blood systems especially require it. If you think of Zeus as a thunderbolt, you can see that Neptune has to "absorb" and meditate and internalize before it recognizes that it's been "struck." So the "wow" parts of Zeus may not be apparent at the moment they occur.
2. Admetus...whether to the Sun, Neptune or whatever, working with Admetus means that you "limit or reduce" the playing field...and set yourself to the long haul. With Neptune, there is a fragility that requires "limits"--and limiting the amount of input so Neptune isn't further overwhelmed. Think of it metaphorically, if you drop or throw a rock (Admetus) on Neptune (water,) ya' got splash, and it takes water a looong time to wear away granite. Admetus brings things to a standstill; Neptune isn't the most stalwart of energies, so the grind of Admetus can wear Neptune out. We've talked lots about the Neptune-Admetus, so I don't want to go over that again, but some of you are of an age where you have Neptune in early Libra so you're getting the Admetus sesquiquadrate these days. So, if you don't "specialize" in Sea World (or escaping to closets,) and you don't work for an oil drilling firm, do find positive ways to consciously include Admetus in your Neptune...get one of those rock water fountains, fer instance! :) Try not to kid yourself that you're enduring a situation without consequence. Do gently find the strengths of Neptune (faith, trust) in handling circumstances that you can't do much about at the moment anyway.
3. Some of you are young enough to be having Admetus square your Pluto. This is an enormously complicated issue. But, among other things, give yourself a break! Your poor Pluto is on the Admetus treadmill; it's doin' its Struggle Dance-- and Admetus is unmoved (and not amused.) If you thought the Neptune-Admetus was asking you "How long can you tread water?" the Admetus to Pluto buries you up to your chin in a freeze-frame and then asks you what it is you think you're able to control NOW. All the Pluto issues--whether it's debt or those manipulations you've come to count on--seem stopped in time. And these two are interesting bed partners because both of them "go deep." And both of 'em can "set their jaw." It's just that Admetus has patience (or more stubbornness) on its side. Pluto wants a reaction; it wants "stuff" to be "happening" (so it knows it's making an impact.) Admetus draws power from its willingness and ability to "do nothing." Aside from the mind and life-bending frustration inherent in the aspect, there are great things to learn. And the power of time, the power of stillness and of "taking no action," and the strength of not needing to control are among them.
Admetus: "Don't just DO SOMETHING, stand there." (And, uh, really look at the aspected energy; that's what "to do.")
Full Moon : 24 Sep 1999
The Full Moon in 01 Libra 56 on Saturday is close enough to the 18 Leo eclipse axis that it should be kickin' up some dirt... so, if the eclipse was big in your chart, maybe you're being "reminded" of what the eclipse was all about for you.
I tend to watch the New and expecially the Full Moons anyway for "eclipse-related" sequences that show me whether I'm making any progress at all, but a lunation in the eclipse axis would bring a little more oomph to that party. Lemme know what ya' think. m
Pandora (et al) currently : 23 Sep 1999
With Pandora in early Sag, it's making (and about to make) several aspects, and if that approximate degree is angular on your (solar/lunar) return, or on those of clients, here's some thoughts on what will be manifesting:
1. Pandora x Aesculapia: Someone's medical condition brings unexpected developments, and can be associated with something of a "crises."
2. Pandora x Cupido: The "unexpected" comes through and affects: the family, the residence, the community, partnership. Group membership can also bring unexpected consequences and results.
3. Pandora x Pluto: An unsought event or exhange in connection with debt, loans; being caught off-guard/disarmed by (Pluto:) the intensity, an ultimatum, another's control tactics, the level to which another sinks (...or rises!!!) Others-- who are "very Pluto" (usually so guarded, etc)-- can also be utterly unprepared for events, behaviors and reactions.
4. Pandora x Juno: This also can bring expenses and costs that weren't planned for, can show as partners or others being "Pandora-ed" (facing sudden, unsought experiences;) and can bring the "not ready for THIS" aura to problems in relationship. Note that Pandora can bring PLEASANT surprises too!
5. Pandora x Urania: Someone is surprised at what astrology shows, can find that the logical extension of a theory, hypothetical or intellectual pursuit is "more than they expected to find or know."
6. Pandora x Toro: Here, the "surprise" is the level of strength, anger, or assertion. For some, it's apt to show as "BECAUSE someone wasn't expecting IT, they are now very forceful, intimidating or resorting to bullying." (Add the Pluto-- to get their way, by trying to capitalize on another's weaknesses; add the Urania-- and yet they seem very intellectual...or their "muscle flexing" includes the use of astrology. A Toro-Urania can approach forms of "mental-intellectual abuse." ----- Added Attractions: a) Juno-Toro: The attempt to "get one's way" includes references to "what's fair" (and on other days simply shows as monies paid to/for sports.) This conjunction begs for examination of domestic abuse (even when cloaked in the usual Sag garb,) but can bring insights about "imbalances of testosterone." For positive manifestations, "work out" with a partner, "be strong" about human rights--and your rights in any kind of relationship, and watch for "displays of temper or strength" that are an attempt to "right" a relationship that has been full of inequities.
b) Aesculapia-Urania: While a great energy under which to study MEDICAL ASTROLOGY and to hear how astrology shows symptoms and suggests what is needed for healing, some will find that their thinking is a tad off-kilter because of medical status--their own or someone else's.
c) Juno x Urania: For professional astrologers, this can bring issues over the cost of their services! There will also be interest in SYNASTRY and COMPOSITES as astrology is applied to relationship dynamics and to partners in general. Factors to Urania can also be responsible for "misteps in logic"-- so here, relationship issues can cause a person not to see things as clearly as they ordinarily would.
d) Pluto x Urania: As well as more awareness of PSYCHOLOGICAL ASTROLOGY (and, perhaps, using astrology in connection with investments,) "power issues" and invasive needs occur in and through astrology. There should be moments of "thinking tainted by revenge" (courtesy of Urania with Pluto and/or Juno) and times when astrology somehow pushes people to walls (and gives rise to reactions that are out of proportion to the incident.) There is a positive emphasis here that links INTEGRITY to astrology, but you can bet that some of the less redemptive qualities of Pluto will also find expression...only do note that, as per the Plutonion modus operandi, it may be dressed as something else (including, per Pluto in Sag,) righteous indignation!
e) Urania x Cupido: An astrology group; family dynamics as shown through astrology; whether one has an accurate mental picture of their family history; how the family experience has shaped the need for intellectual defenses. ------ As usual, there's lots and lots more to say about this line-up, but maybe this is enough to prompt recognition, confirm your take on things, or spur you to think more seriously about what shapes what each person dignifies as "an event."
Admetus-Saturn : , 22 Sep 1999
Encouraged by the thoughtfulness of so many who took the time to email or call about how the post on the Neptune-Psyche was manifesting in their lives (thank you, I'm glad it helped!) I thought I'd initiate a thread on the current Admetus-Saturn conjunction. It is of sufficient duration (of course, with those two factors, it would be!) to encompass various asteroids, so for now, let's just focus on the pair alone. As well as the things Witte mentions ("Rules for Planetary Pictures") such as "to be in a tight spot, stoppage, standstill, coldness, Stiffness," this is a combination that can produce:
1. A little different kind of "trapped" than what we see with Arachne.
2. Avoidance of responsibilities & a "grin and bear it" reaction to difficulties... minus the grin.
3. Situations where fears or problems grow or remain because of delays or dependence on others.
4. Instances where "growing up" means that you persevere.
5. Ambitions or reaches for success that require specialization-- that one "go deeper" or more thoroughly into things.
6. In business, there can be an emphasis on planning in terms of inventory, storage, or raw materials (and, of course, deadlines and timing issues can occur with those things.)
7. There may well be insights over whether what has been seen as adjustments based on "practical necessity" aren't in fact attempts to endure the unendurable.
8. Where/when Saturn enters the life as "fear," Admetus can offer "clenching" and emotional "shut down"-- as though one just has to "stand it" (instead of dealing more directly with the meaning of Fear, inhibition and over-compensations for perceptions of inadequacy.)
9. For some, the "enduring" of Admetus recalls father archetypes (so it's a great time to think about how and what father-types taught by example about: handling frustration, steeling oneself to handle long term problems, and... how one might have numbed themselves in reaction to a father figure-- or because of working toward goals. In other words, what residual tensions are "held" or too-contained in the body-mind-Spirit because of the reach for success...because of projections about the judgments of others... because of "proving" oneself (to whom???) ?
10. And speaking of success (as a Saturn thing,) Admetus tells ya' to Keep on Trucking, relinquish all thoughts of Instant Gratification, and to do all the groundwork necessary (so that when things/timing loosens up, you're truly in a position to capitalize on that.) Saturn gives you a glimpse of what will happen down the road, IF you don't work to change things now. Admetus tells you to apply yourself even though it's really a drag....
11. There may be reliance/dependency on: fathers, timing, the rules now-- as though folks interpret the Admetus as that kind of limitation.
12. If you visualize Admetus as a treadmill (or hair shirt!) having you walk it with Saturn holding your hand can be a positive image-- or a negative one (depending on whether you find Saturn a boon or an albatross.)
13. Admetus "narrows" the field; hence the idea of specialization. So, due to some Saturn matter, people can feel "hemmed in"-- and every direction they consider has more Saturn (hardships, consequences, demands, restrictions, etc.)
14. Where I think one can negotiate with Saturn ("Okay, I'll shape up, now get off my tired... back,") Admetus can't so easily be mollified. It isn't saying, "NO," it's saying "Not Yet"-- and "only when I'm good and ready will this sense of burden or limitation lift." So, under any Admetus transit or direction, it's good to pace yourself for the long haul, and to consciously undertake projects that will be a l-o-n-g time coming to fruitition. Plant bulbs, grow bamboos (that only bloom every decade or hundred years,) plan a rock garden (with big, really old rocks--and stand between Admetus and Saturn, the true "between a rock and a hard place"!)
15. Transits of Saturn are often accompanied by feelings of alienation; add Admetus, and folks can "stiff arm" others or "hang in there" even though the closeness is (at least temporarily) gone.
---- there's always other stuff, but this post is already much too long. Hopefully it gives you some validation for what you're experiencing if this conjunction is grinding you under its weighty heel!
Water Disasters : Fri, 17 Sep 1999
1. With hurricanes and flooding, we can look to the asteroid or the TNP, Poseidon, the planet, Neptune, or the asteroid, Atlantis. Some might currently have Atlantis x Odysseus, where, among other things, there is the "exile" from home & having to be in a strange place because of the flooding or evacuation. Also present is Pallas so you have the idea of the travel as "planned" or "a strategy" (to cope with other angulars or aspects.)
2. This is not to say (if angular) that there won't be negative feelings about a trip (or because one is in an unfamiliar place,) punitive reactions based on estrangement, (with the Pallas then supplying moments of trying to get approval... because of the estrangement or to handle feelings of doom and to avert the aura of punishment.)
3. Nor does it preclude the potential for someone to (Odysseus) be at a distance (or feel something like an outsider) and then use the Atlantis to try to present initimate or "knowledgeable" information...again, as a strategy and/or in the effort to ingratiate, ameloriate or get approval.
4. Interestingly, Poseidon can occur angular this month with the asteroid, House-- without a house boat, there's water in a residence (a/w/a attention to things like: home altars, windows or mirrors in a house or place, home videos, advertising or business practices related to real estate, etc.)
Neptune x Psyche (both retrograde) : Fri, 17 Sep 1999
Response to an email question about the current "conjunction" (angular on your lunar return:)
1. Sleep cycles can be uneven (too much/too little) and related to unresolved emotional and psychological issues; some of the need to "crawl in bed and pull the covers over one's head" can be an attempt to suppress strong feelings or hurtful memories.
2. Folks can have very strange mental-emotional states (and absent-mindedness, feeling "odd" or "out of it," and a wee bit (!) overloaded are part of it.) There can be moments of feeling as though you are "floating" away from your self.
3. Some "physical" ailments have corresponding feelings of being overwhelmed emotionally. (Psychogenesis?) Some may be sick cuz they need some time "tucked in" (and not having to cope with things that bring up old problems.)
4. Neptune can add a diffuse or oblique sense of anxiety to what is registered as mental-emotional. This means that one can feel hurt, too vulnerable or "wounded" and not be able to name just why....
5. The usual Neptune things can be a source of "pain:" deception, dealing with people who aren't stable, who are insincere, or who are ill, or who are playing "make believe" (and don't feel trustworthy.)
6. It's a good energy under which to USE Neptune to try to understand and handle emotional spurs; so: meditate, visualize, take a bath, go Gestalt or Jung, write poetry, and, yes, you CAN escape for a while! :)
7. In a way, a retrograde Psyche is redundant; it can already represent sources of old (childhood, past) hurts; often when it's retrograde, the ability to understand that pain is clouded (so that one can repeat painful actions, patterns and relationships without seeing that they are repeats--that will have similar outcomes.) The transit retrograde can manifest as things that "hurt" but can't fully be seen, acknowledged or dealt with at the moment.
8. You can see manifestations such as "feeling very dependent because of a substrata of instability" in the Neptune-Psyche, as well as instances of "emotional chaos" (and personal chaos as a symptom of emotional complexity,) and the ways that a dependence on others can be the source of ongoing hurt (but all of it isn't seen for what it is at the moment.) Look to Neptune for "trust" issues and for that fine line between compassion and pity or wallowing, and then add the poignant emotions of Psyche for more delineation ideas.
* Note that Psyche in Aquarius can try to disengage from emotions as a defense; it can try to be mental when Psyche itself is emotional. Also note that in Aquarius, there can be those unexpected, uh, pecadillos..... and that Psyche can be abrupt and manifest in a way that is seen as "out of the blue." Oh, and note the Neptune-Psyche in Aquarius as having the fuel to show up through friends, groups, etc.
9. Psyche is scars, the head, and the brain in general. Among other things, relate Neptune to fluids, poor boundaries, and the limbic system. So, when we speak of Psyche as "emotional," note that it is also neurological. Neptune addresses the "right" (in most people) hemisphere of the brain, where, among other things, dreams during REM sleep originate.
10. Under a Neptune transit, some folks "get absorbed" (fascinated!) with an interest or in a person; it's a form of merger, meditation...and a way to not deal with real problems. With the Psyche in attendance, that last possibility merits consideration.
11. There are always many more things to say-- especially with factors as complex as Psyche and Neptune... and especially as they are carrying parans to points like Sphinx and Circe (what the heck is going on with that person, should I try to help, what can I do to help, why do they seem so fragile, is the need for help a plea coming from a greater hurt than I realize, etc.?) ---not to mention what radix factors might be included! And blend in the natal house's interests & compatibiity with whatever angle in the return chart the Neptune-Psyche occurs. --- that enough ideas to go on? m
Daughter's Problem: 14 Sep 1999
Some things I note:
1. There is a radix T-square featuring a First House Hades-Arachne-Jupiter conjunction in opposition to Cupido-A with the Sun receiving the squares. Cupido-A refers not only to "the face" and complexion, but to the surface (thus, the skin and appearance.)
2. From a position of 19 Gemini, transiting Hades' dial axis includes: degrees 4 and 26-27 of the Fixed signs, and 11-12 of the Cardinal. Radix Cupido-A and radix Hades are in 26 (Scorpio and Taurus) with the sun in 28 Leo.
3. The natal Sixth House is Venus ruled and S/R Venus is in 26 Leo (retrograde.) Radix Hygiea is angular at the MC of the '99 Tropical S/R.
4. Medically, the asteroid, Ornamenta, has also shown as representing things "on the surface." (With other things, it can also indicate "personal adornment" such as make-up. She has radix Medusa angular with Ornamenta at the DSC of her '99 Sidereal S/R. Borrowed any combs or headwear? Hades also angular on that return with Hephaistos and this could show as a parasite on the limbs or body.)
5. As you know, what we term "an event" has many components. The presence of a Sphinx and the possibility of a Jupiter-Neptune as well as the enduring of Admetus are part of her travails.
No doubt there's more, but thought these quick ideas might spur other thoughts. m
Astrology of the Brain : 5 Sep 1999
Comments in reply to questions and posts on the AOL board about "the brain book”
Based on my research on brain tumors, the manual is called "Introductory Studies in The Astrology of the Brain." It focuses on "mapping" the chart to the brain-- to show how planets, angles, TNPs and asteroids relate to various structures and functions. It's amazing stuff-- realizing that the chart is accurate and detailed on a cellular level! Unsettling too! And the discoveries do have application for the charts of schizophrenics and beyond. Copies since Phoenix include the Psyche axis of a schizophrenic with descriptions from Harvard Medical on structural differences. In addition to introductory instruction in the anatomy of the brain (with chart examples of individuals with tumors in the various areas) and coverage of brain neurons (with chart examples of people with problems of particular neural dysfunction,) the manual includes about 30 other tumor types with the full chart, asteroids, case history (diagnosis, treatments, surgeries--mostly with dates) and my discussion of their history astrologically.
For each chart there are around six or eight pages of formulas for cancer,
cell types, etc. While some of the formulas are those of Witte or Ebertin, many include asteroids and were designed and programmed by me specifically for the BT study. There is also coverage of how the year's (at dx) eclipses made contact with radix and directed factors.
At this time, the manual is available only thru me (but will be on the WEB soon,) through Penelope Publications, or through The Astrology Center of America. In 9 x 11 size, it's about 280 pages, and 39.95 + 4.00 S & H.
I should add that it is for the serious student only. All charts are shown in 90-dial format. It is hoped that the work will create a foundation for further study in the medical-psychological area. The book also offers the 30 charts for study and experience of radical events as indicated by solar arc direction (for the date of diagnosis, the chart is shown with radix, directed and transit points.) -------- Another post:
Some atrophy of the brain occurs with schizophrenia as shown by enlargement of the ventricles; the "shrinking" effect is seen especially in the limbic region. The cortex also tends to be smaller and thinner than usual. But recent research shows that much of the problem tends to be "tighter-packing" (Admetus!) of neurons--not loss of them.
Perseveration (inability to adapt to change or newness) is common with schizophrenia-- and that toois an Admetus thing (often \ Uranus.)
Psyche is the brain, but, as the book shows, it is, relatively speaking, a too general term. The chart is much more specific in describing the hemisphere, lobe, structure and function! And you will see indications for the type of cell that is malfunctioning. I'm telling you, it's astonishing stuff... it leaves one awed. (Or, at least, it does me!)
Think, for instance, of the diamond-shaped pattern of certain ventricles.... and then stare at the symbols for Pallas and Minerva....
recall that some brain cells are "support and structure" cells, and think about Saturn, Circe and Hebe... note the importance of the Subarachnoid membrane-- and let the asteroid, Arachne, occur to you... and yes, it does go like that!
Early in the book, I show the example of a man with a tumor in the "dura mater." Now, the Latin translation for "dura mater" is "the hard mother." This is a layer of the meninges, and with the "pia mater" and arachnoid membrane is supposed to protect and cushion the brain. The "dura mater" tumor is shown by a MARS-CERES in the Psyche axis!!!!!!!! Mars-Ceres, the hard mother. There were other things, but, can you take it???
(As I say, the gods never sleep.... and certainly were wide awake in designing astrology!) TreehseMtn
Relocated Returns : 3 Sep 1999
I had promised some to report on the efficacy of relocated lunar returns. Bear in mind that I consider Wyoming “home” (and am building a house there) so relocating a return to that locale (even though I reside now in Massachusetts) is not really a case of a “temporary” residence. So, absolutely, the return for that locale was more “on” than the one for here. Some examples:
1. Angular Phaethon x Hephaistos x Hades\Pluto, Rx: Met a lady who had a leg amputated at the knee due to a car accident; = Diana: and a gentleman who had a terrible limp due to a horse-related incident.
2. Zeus\Dionysius - Hidalgo, Rx x Pluto, Rx = Uranus, Rx x Psyche, Rx: While we were out there, a guy—who was, needless to say, very intoxicated—walked into a bar with a running chain saw and cut everything off the bar. He was incensed because he felt some Mexicans had insulted him. Just as he was about to begin cutting the actual bar in half (!) the chain saw motor quit. He ran outside—with the 5 Mexicans in hot pursuit. They proceeded to beat him mercilessly and he wound up in the hospital with serious head injuries. (I wasn’t in the bar at any time. But the next morning, there was a sign posted on the door of the establishment. It read: “Please check all chainsaws at the door.” My angular radix Jupiter WAS amused.)
3. Had several great conversations with a “bullfighter” (what is usually called a rodeo clown.) As well as explaining what he did, he showed us pictures and detailed his injuries (including being gored through a lung and having many broken ribs and concussions.) Angular Mars, Toro, Aesculapia, Pandora and Photographia. Also angular Lachesis (it is the bullfighter’s job to intervene to save the life of the bull rider.) Ponder: Mars x Toro\Saturn - Neptune, Rx = Circe.
4. As you know, I went out there with several cracked ribs and other injuries due to an accident on my stud before I left... and didn’t I meet a guy who had broken 3 ribs being thrown from a horse in Yellowstone! I often remind people that the angles (and angular energies) will play out both around you and “in” you-- !
5. In my childhood, I stepped on a snake and was bitten; was dragged off a hay mow where a nest of copperhead snakes was found (still have scars from the German Shepherd who saved my life) and had more “snake” incidents than I want to remember—including watching my mother pick one off with a rifle from quite a distance. I had seen one on the road by the hutches; she shot it where it lay, it went up in the air and she hit it again! (She was an accomplished skeet shooter.) These memories were strong after I saw the rattlesnake on my new driveway—and all of that is in the Wyoming return NOT the one for Massachusetts. I have both a Siwa and a Siva that doesn’t quit--- and it looks like it’s not going away anytime soon! :) ----- Now, SOME things from the Massachusetts returns were right on. Transiting Lilith\Apollo x Venus, Rx had the ramification that I kept having to “reselect” things for the house (til my Picker got totally Pooped) because one or another selection was too pricey. Too, they held an angular Arachne x Orpheus\Hekate = Sphinx... and a Pigmy goat and sheep in a petting zoo were killed one night and the culprit was at first thought to be a grizzly but then it was determined to be a “canine type” animal—more likely a coyote than a wolf. But the forest ranger or game officer couldn’t be sure. ---- So, if I had to choose, I’d use the relocated (if the person were truly “at home”in the new locale.) For complete coverage, I’d use the Tropical and Sidereal for both locations. Sorry if the examples are too long.... m